Sunday, April 22, 2012

Rice and Roasted Vegetable Salad



I had the idea of making rice salad for a long time. Many years ago, I have tasted something like this and since then I was planning to make it myself. This dish is really delicious and can be eaten as a main or side. If you are not into vegetarian dishes, feel free to add some meat. I think next time I'll add some chicken but honestly I prefer it meatless. It was easy to create this recipe because whatever you add into it - it's okay. That's why I like it. To make the salad more fragrant and delicious, I decided to roast vegetables. It takes more time but I believe it's worth it. Of course, I'm sure you can skip this. If you do so, just toss everything together.

P.S. It's a perfect dish for spring!

100g rice + 1 tsp salt
1 carrot + salt, dried basil, pepper
5 medium mushrooms
1 1/4 cup chopped pumpkin + pinch salt; 1/2 tsp dried basil; 1/4 tsp ground pepper
1 red pepper
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 onion
3/4 cup canned green peas
285g canned corn
 For the sauce:
1/2 tsp honey
1/2 tsp dijon mustard
1 1/2 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
coriander seeds & green onion

1. Cook rice until done with some salt. Drain them well and set aside.
2. Chop carrot and season with some salt, dried basil and pepper. Pour a little of olive oil into your frying pan and saute carrots until softer. Then increase heat and roast until lightly browned.
3. Chop mushrooms and roast in your pan with some olive oil until golden brown. Repeat the same with pumpkin and red pepper.
4. In a frying pan, roast chopped onion.
5. Mix together the onion, carrot, red pepper, mushrooms, pumpkin, garlic.
6. Add peas and corn. Add rice. Mi everything well.
7. In a separate bowl, mix together honey, dijon mustard, olive oil, vinegar. Add some salt and pepper. Pour the sauce onto rice mixture and mix well. Sprinkle some coriander seeds and green onion on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...