Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pumpkin Risotto






Cheesy, creamy, yummy, perfect pumpkin risotto! Probably the best I have ever made. I was really surprised that pumpkin works so well in this dish. It adds extra creaminess and the final result is just fantastic. I didn't use white wine though, it is not an authentic risotto. But it's still very, very good and quite easy! You will only have to be a little bit patient while mixing the rice constantly. But this is so worth it!

Pumpkin Risotto

2 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
200g rice for risotto
300g pumpkin puree
40g parmesan, shredded
1l (about 4 cups) vegetable stock
salt and pepper, to taste

1) In a heavy bottom pot, heat olive oil. Add garlic and fry a few minutes. Add rice, stir to coat with oil. Add 1/2 cup of vegetable stock, lower the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring constantly, until all the liquid is absorbed. Add another 1/2 cup of stock and repeat the process until you use all the stock and the rice is almost done. You may not use up all the stock, I always have about 1/4 cup remaining. By the end of cooking, add stock in smaller quantities so you can see how much you will need. One important thing - do not stop stirring! Be ready to spend 20-25 minutes next to the stove.

2) When rice is almost done, add pumpkin puree. Cook for another 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and add parmesan (you may leave some for the top).

Recipe by collecting memories


2 comments:

  1. I really thought this was mac and cheese! But I wasn't too disappointed, because this looks even better. :) Creamy and cheesy are the two words that I love to hear! Way to sneak some pumpkin in there; I still have some waiting to be used up, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't notice this looks like mac and cheese but it is really similar. :)
      These two words is all I need!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...