Friday, October 24, 2014

No-Bake Peanut Butter Chickpea Cheesecake







I had this idea of making chickpea cheesecake for a long time. I've seen many bloggers using cashews, macadamias instead of cream cheese but I've never seen anyone making it with chickpeas. So, I decided to give it a try! It was so hard to decide what flavors to add. First, I wanted to make it all-chocolate, then I wanted to make it lemon-flavored. But finally, after many days (yes, many days. You see, I wanted it perfect) of considering which flavor would taste best, I decided to make it peanut butter-chocolate flavored (probably the best decision in my life). You probably wonder how it tasted. Well, it actually tasted AMAZING. Honestly, that's probably the best recipe I've created in a long time. Maybe even the best I've EVER created. Yup, I'm proud of myself! I wouldn't be if it was an ordinary pie, but it's completely healthy. That's the thing. I know, chickpeas in a pie sounds weird. But trust me, you can't taste them. AT ALL. It's smooth, creamy and doesn't taste healthy. You are not going to believe until you try it yourself. 
I am super super happy to share this recipe with you and hope you'll love it!! Now, stop reading and head yourself to the kitchen. Fast!!


No-Bake Peanut Butter Chickpea Cheesecake

Filling:
200g dry chickpeas, cooked and drained (or 2 cans of chickpeas)
125g peanut butter*
170g (1/2 cup) honey, melted 
50g coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract

1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp cocoa powder

*I made my own by using 125 grams of peanuts. Roast them in a skillet until lightly brown. Cool and process in a food processor until smooth.

Crust:
2 cups (180g) quick-cooking oats, ground 
10g (1 1/2T) unsweetened cocoa powder
5 tbsp coconut oil
7 tbsp honey

1) To make the crust, mix together oats and cocoa. Melt coconut oil and honey, and mix into the oat/cocoa mixture. Press to the bottom of a pan with removable sides. Refrigerate while you make the filling.

2) To make the filling, place chickpeas in a food processor and process until completely smooth. Scrape sides of the food processor as needed. You need a very smooth mixture. Add peanut butter, honey, coconut oil, salt and vanilla extract. Process until smooth.

3) Pour approximately 2/3 of the mixture onto the crust. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.

4) Add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon of honey to the reserved filling mixture. Spread over the first layer. Refrigerate overnight. (I prefer keeping it in refrigerator all the time. Yum!)

Recipe by collecting memories



9 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you Gaby! This recipe sounds so invigorating and pretty darn tasty too!!! Thank you SO much for sharing...I'm Pinning right now!

    I tried to connect with you on Pinterest but your button up top has no link...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! Oh, I just fixed the link! I didn't even notice it doesn't work, thanks! ;)

      Delete
  2. Indeed it is fixed Gaby and I found you on Pinterest too!!! Thank you and thanks again for sharing...

    I put you in my sidebar and will be stopping back for more goodies:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks for the comment Louise!! I hope you'll find some great recipes here! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi :) I find this recipe right now and i love it and i would like to try it. I love a peanut butter and also chickpeas. So, i would like to ask you if i could use less of honey because i don´t like it or if i could use something another? Thanks for your answer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, sure you can skip honey. But I highly recommend adding a heated water into oat mix what will make your base more solid and while you don´t want to use honey this is really great subtitution. Any additional ingredients no nessesary. :)

      Delete
    3. Yeah, you are so right. I used honey when i dod the cake for first time so it was so delicious and everything OK, but when i skip honey the crust was crumbly. So becauce i eat oats every day, i realized that water can fix it and it does. So you mus wait a minute but it is perfect substitution if you dont have a honey or dont want it sweet like me :) Thanks, have a nice day

      Delete
  4. Hi! You sound so sweet in your post and I love your blog name <3 I was looking for a vegan recipe for cheesecake using chickpeas and this is literally PERFECT. Just one thing, if I didn't want to make this peanut butter, could I sub maybe coconut milk, like the canned kind with a bit more fat than just regular non dairy milk? I'm thinking the consistency would be about the same as thin peanut butter? Might just have to experiment and report back! Also, is there a way I can change the recipe to cups? Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...