Friday, January 02, 2015

Chinese Fried Rice





Christmas time was crazy. I baked tons of cakes, cookies, pies and fudge and it feels like I didn't eat anything normal during this holiday period. After this baking marathon I feel like I need something a little bit healthier. I'm sure some of you have started eating healthier this year (I promise that to myself every year, but my healthy eating never lasts too long). Anyway, I wanted to stay away from sweets this time and cook some "real" food. Yes,  this is fried rice and it doesn't sound healthy. But it just doesn't sound healthy because actually it's packed with veggies and traditional white rice is substituted with brown rice. The only bad thing about it is oil (but come on, it's just 1 tablespoon).  So if you try to eat healthier, this shouldn't ruin your diet.

Oh and finally, I want to thank you for reading my blog for the past few years. I'm very happy to see your comments every day and I feel even happier when you leave feedbacks on recipes you try. I will continue publishing new recipes and sharing my cooking experiences with you this year and I'll keep growing this tried & tested recipe collection. 


Chinese Fried Rice 

70g (2.5 ounce) brown rice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small carrot, julienned
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 egg, lightly beaten
A handful of bean sprouts, drained
Pinch salt
1 tbsp Teriyaki sauce
Fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)

1) Cook brown rice and allow to cool.

2) In a skillet, heat olive oil. Add onion and cook until translucent and lightly caramelized. Add garlic and carrot and stir-fry over medium heat until carrot has softened a little bit.

3) Add egg and stir with a wooden spoon, breaking it into small bits as it scrambles. Add bean sprouts, salt and rice. Finally, add Teriyaki sauce and stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes. 

4) Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh parsley.

Serves 1

Recipe by collecting memories 

8 comments:

  1. Happy new year!!!!!!!!!!!!

    This rice looks delicious, ¡¡I've to try it!! With brown rice sounds perfect!!

    I haven't been here the last weeks, but as you know, I'll come back to see everything you have been making!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you Paula!! Thank you so much for being my blogfriend all this time!! I know you always come back and leave a lovely comment. I always sneak into your blog too and check all the things you've made. I wish I knew Spanish, haha!

      Delete
  2. Hi Gaby! Happy New Year!
    I've been trying to eat healthier starting off this new year on the right foot. So far so good:) Your rice sounds not only delicious but healthy too. Thank you so much for sharing, Gaby.

    I look forward to your recipes this new year and hope you will drop by my blog for some yumminess too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Happy New Year!!! I've been eating healthier too but I don't think this will last more than two or three weeks. Thanks!! I just visited your blog and found some yummy treats!

      Delete
  3. Truly I discovered this article more useful, much obliged for sharing this article
    cheap Basmati rice

    ReplyDelete
  4. It verbalizes a limitless creativeness. i'm definitely inspired with the real transformation ability of author used for remodeling his thoughts and supplied right here. impressed with deep which means of this text. Buffet in Twin Cities

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somewhere the content of the blog surrounded by little arguments. Yes it is healthy for readers. They can include this kind of language in their writing skill as well as while group discussion in college. Japanese noodle in Minneapolis

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...